** I was sent a book and plush for the purpose of this review. However, my own opinion was used and not influenced in any way.
Room On The Broom Fun Continues with the Book, DVD, Plush Toys and App!
You might remember my review last month on the fun-loving children’s book Room On The Broom by Julia Donaldson and Illustrated by Axel Scheffler. Well now I am happy to say that the fun can continue with their adorable Plushes of the characters in the book as well as an interactive app that your kids will want to play again and again.
Room On The Broom Games app is from Magic Light Pictures and will be in app stores today! The Room On The Broom app is based off the Penguin Group’s #1 best-selling book Room on the Broom.
Room On The Broom children’s app is created for children ages 3-7 and contains Alex Scheffler’s illustrations! Feel like you might have seen work from Alex Scheffler before? Well I am happy to say that Alex Scheffler and Julia Donaldson have teamed up before on the amazing children’s books The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo’s Child! I loved those books as I am sure you did as well!
One of my favorite features of the Room On The Broom app is that there is no in-app purchases. That means the kids can play and you don’t have to worry about them charging different things to your credit card! You can purchase this app through iTunes for iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone and iPod Touch or through GooglePlay and Amazon for your Android devices. Price is low at just $4.99!
From Press Release:
Fans can play with their favorite characters—Witch, Cat, Dog, Bird, Frog and Dragon in these magical games:
· Join the stars – Fly through the air and connect all the sparkly stars to find the right image!
· Find the hat – The Witch has lost her hat! Is it behind the tree? Help Dog find the hat in the woods.
· Windy day collecting game – It’s a windy day and Cat needs help collecting a few things, will you help? Be careful not to miss them!
· Find the bow – The Witch has lost her bow! Is it in the hay? Help Bird find the bow in the field.
· Find the wand – The Witch has lost her wand! Is it under the lily pad? Help Frog find the wand in the pond.
· Drawing with stars – Light up your imagination by creating pictures in the night sky. Place the numbered stars where you wish and watch the witch transform it into a dot-to-dot picture.
· Dragon loves fries – The Dragon is hungry and is planning to have fries for his dinner! Feed the dragon fries and avoid the other falling objects from the sky!
· Fly the magnificent broom – Whoosh! Join the gang on the magnificent broom and fly through the starry night sky. Take control and steer the broom to collect letters, which spell out a word!
Additional Room on the Broom products include:
v Room on the Broom books from Penguin Group. Hardcover (SRP: $16.99) and Board Book (SRP: $6.99) versions are available wherever books are sold.
v Room on the Broom DVD from NCircle Entertainment, available at Barnes & Noble, Target and Walmart, Toys”R”Us, amazon.com, Kmart (SRP: $9.99). Named “Best Animated Short” by the Toronto International Film Festival Kid’s Festival, beautiful CGI animation brings the book’s drawings to life under the direction of Max Lang & Jan Lachauer. Gillian Anderson (The X Files) provides the voice of the witch; while Timothy Spall of Harry Potter fame, lends his voice to the dragon. Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) narrates the story, which also features the recognizable voices of Martin Clunes, Rob Brydon, Sally Hawkins and David Walliams portraying the helpful animals that comprise the witch’s family.
v Room on the Broom plush from Kids Preferred, available at barnesandnoble.com. Witch, Dragon and Cat are perfect for kids of all ages. These surface-washable, soft and moveable plush, help kids to bring the classic story to life with their own twists and imagination. The lovable Witch is 15 inches (SRP: $12.95), Dragon is 8 inches and Cat is 7.5 inches (pricing currently unavailable).
PLUS – watch out for a special Halloween broadcast of this multiple award-winning animated movie in its first U.S. broadcast slots on 24-hour preschool network Sprout, airing on Oct 30, 31, Nov 29 and Dec 7.
AND – check out The Room on the Broom website for some fun FREE activities including how to make your own wand, a “can you find” challenge, help Witch through the maze to find her bow, and a fun word search puzzle.
Follow Room on the Broom on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/roomonthebroomfilm
For more information visit: www.roomonthebroom.com/us/game
How would you like to win a Room on the Broom Plush and Book? I am happy to say that one lucky U.S. Heavenly Savings reader will be able to do just that! Good Luck!