Sliced Baked Potatoes With Cheese
We are a potato loving family. It helps that my cousin’s family owns a huge potato farm and we get the most delicious potatoes ever! One of our favorite ways to prepare them is by baking. It is a healthier option for us and keeps us away from the fryer.
Recently I saw a picture somewhere around the internet (I think one of my friends posted on facebook) of Sliced Baked Potatoes that someone baked. I thought this was a brilliant idea and we decided to give it a try.
We decided when making our sliced baked potatoes that we wanted something more in them then just salt and pepper so we layered each slice with cheese!
Ingredients:Potatoes Cheddar Cheese Sliced (about 1/8 inch thick) 2 tbs olive oil salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Slice each potato about 1/4 inch thickness. Do not slice all the way through. Leave about another 1/4 inch at bottom that is not sliced.
2. Place sliced potatoes on baking pan.
3. Drizzle olive oil over top of potatoes.
4. Lightly salt and pepper potatoes making sure to get between slices.
5. alternate cheese between each slice of potato.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until potato is softer and cheese is melted.
When my husband makes these potatoes he always switches up the cheese. For example in the picture above he used blue cheese, cheddar cheese and buffalo style cheese. Each potato was bursting with flavor and every bite tasted different then the last.