Pickled Red Onions
Now I will eat just about anything pickled. I am addicted to pickle, pickled peppers, cauliflower, carrots and now…..Pickled Red Onions! Honestly I don’t know why I did not give these a try years ago! They are fantastic on just about everything I make. Chicken, Tacos, Burgers, Fish and more! Yum!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
- 1 large red onion
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- Combine fresh squeezed lime juice, jalapeno pepper (seeds removed), vinegar, ½ cup water, sugar, and salt in medium pan. Bring to boil. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove mixture from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Put onion slices in medium bowl, add warm mixture from pan, and stir.
- Cover mixture with lid and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Stir occasionally!
- Serve with your most favorite burger or loaded soft tacos!