Easter Caramel Corn
The look of excitement on my daughters face is one of the greatest joys in my life. I love to see her shining eyes and a smile on her face. That is why I have been building the anticipation for Easter with lots of Easter time crafts and snacks. Today I have another adorable Easter time snack to share with you. This idea is really easy and fun for the kids just like my Adorable Bunny Pretzels and my Pudding Box Planter Cookies that I posted recently.
4 cups plain air popped popcorn
1 cup butter
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bag of Easter candy, any type you want. I used jelly beans
1 cup Almond Bark , melted and divided into 4 seperate bowls-to drizzle over popcorn
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir consistently while bringing to a boil. Then boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour caramel evenly over popcorn, stirring to coat.
3. Place popcorn on two large shallow baking sheets and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about an hour. and Remove popcorn from oven and let cool completely. (It was a little cumbersome trying to stir on a large baking sheet. Using a spatula in one hand and large oven mit in the other helped keep the popcorn from flying everywhere.)
4. Melt Almond Bark and divide into four small bowls. Add 1 drop of food coloring to three of the bowls, leaving one white. I used green, blue and red to make pink.
5. Divide popcord in to four sections, drizzle popcorn with melted, colored
Let the popcorn sit until the almond bark hardens, about 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Add popcorn to canning jars, Easter baskets, buckets, and top with matching ribbons.