Give the Gift of Life This Holiday Season with the World Vision Catalog + Zakale Ornament Set from Nairobi Giveaway!
As each of us get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, the shopping, parties and gifts. I want us to each take a step back and think about those who are less fortunate then we are. Because, no matter what we have going on in our lives there are some who have it much worse.
With the craziness of life it is easy to take for granted the every day luxuries that I have. Such as running water, a roof over my head, a heater in my home as well as food on the table. These are simple everyday items that others are struggling to get and would do anything to achieve. That is why I am so passionate about the company World Vision. World Vision has a Gift Catalog that offers over 250 items that can help you fight poverty and save lives. Either with your purchase of livestock and animals that can help those in need or in the form of a financial contribution you can do so much to help World Vision and in turn help those in need.
If you choose the route of a financial contribution you will be able to also select a Handcrafted gift from over 30 different handcrafted items. Some of the items you will be able to choose are as follows:
– Colors of Africa Bracelet & Earring Set: This gorgeous Zakale jewelry set is handmade from recycled materials by Kenyan artisans reclaiming their own lives from poverty.
– Cinnamon Box: Created from the dried inner bark of Cassia (Cinnamon) trees by skilled artisans in Vietnam; these boxes help families receive social and health insurance as well as the opportunity to apply for scholarship funds.
– Hand-woven Headband: This beautiful, 100% cotton headband woven by skilled workers in Lake Atitlan in Guatemala helps address urgent needs of children, families or communities that might otherwise go unmet.
– Ornament Set: This set includes three handmade Zakale wire and bead animal trio ornaments from Nairobi.
– Gertie the Plush Goat: Gertie is available exclusively through World Vision and represents farm animals that are donated to children and families around the world and provide a steady supply of nutritious food and the surplus can be sold for extra income.
Here are some ideas from the World Vision Press Release I wanted to share with all of you:
- Organize a family giving night and have kids select charitable gifts from an organization such as the World Vision Gift Catalog. Talk with your children about how giving back changes lives of children and families living in poverty and that their efforts truly make a difference.
- Host a house party for friends and family and ask your guests to contribute to a share of a group gift such as a farm animal, winter clothing or school supplies to families in need, or even a water well. Make the selection of the item, how to raise funds for that gift, and the collection of the money a collaborative, group effort.
- After Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping, consider celebrating Giving Tuesday (12/3) and make meaningful, life-changing gift purchases such as medicine, mosquito nets or a fish pond.
- Be active in your giving — volunteer at your local homeless shelter or senior living center; cook a meal or bake cookies for an elderly family member or neighbor.
Thanks to World Vision I was sent a beautiful ornament set for the purpose of this review. As soon as I opened the set I could see the love that went into each little animal. The set includes a Water Buffalo, Giraffe and an Elephant. Each piece is exquisitely put together and filled with beautifully colored beads making each ornament unique and different.
I truly believe in the mission of World Vision. I hope you do as well. Please remember to take a time out this holiday season and think of those around you who are in need and try to figure out a way that you can help.
I am happy to say that Thanks to World Vision one of my lucky US readers has the chance to win one of these beautiful ornament sets! Good Luck!