Apple Streusel Pancakes
I have been on the lookout for a great pancake recipe. I never really do anything fun with my pancakes except the occasional handful of fruit being thrown into the batter. This time around I really wanted something over the top! That is exactly what I with this amazing Apple Streusel Pancake recipe! I am also excited because I know these delicious pancakes will make the perfect Easter Breakfast!
- 1 flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup soft butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup quick oats
For the Pancakes:
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- Add all streusel ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- In a large bowl add all dry pancake ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Next add all the remaining ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Next heat griddle to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease griddle with butter.
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto griddle leaving about 2″ between each pancake.
- Cook pancakes until edges start to bubble and look dry.
- Using spatula slide under pancake to flip. Cook on other side about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown in color.
Serve with Streusel and Maple Syrup! Enjoy!
These pancakes were amazing but I can honestly say they were super sweet as well. But they are a great recipe idea for special occasions and birthday breakfasts!
I got inspiration for this recipe from Domestic Fits!