Speedy Weekday Breakfast: Easy French Toast Egg Mug Scrambler
The colder it gets outside, the harder it is to find time to eat a hearty, filling breakfast. School coming back in session makes the mornings much more rushed, and even if you’re not the one heading to class, colder, darker mornings make it so incredibly hard to get out of bed on time. So if you don’t have time to cook up a leisurely breakfast every morning this fall, don’t worry; this recipe is here to save you. Egg mug scramblers are some of the best easy breakfast recipes for busy mornings; they only use a few basic ingredients and take just a couple minutes to nuke in the microwave.
This recipe uses cinnamon swirl bread and egg substitute for a sweet but healthy twist on a typically savory dish. Make one for yourself and every member of your family as you’re running out the door in the morning instead of grabbing a prepackaged breakfast pastry or stopping for high calorie drive-through food; everyone will be full and happy, and won’t even realize they’re eating healthy.
Easy French Toast Egg Mug Scrambler™
Servings: 1 – Calories: 245 – Protein: 19 grams
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 frozen Banquet® Brown ‘N Serve™ Turkey Sausage patty, chopped
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 slice cinnamon swirl bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon maple flavored syrup
- Spray the inside of a large microwave-safe mug with cooking spray. Place sausage in mug. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; blot sausage dry with paper towel.
- Add Egg Beaters and bread to mug; mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir; microwave for 30 more seconds or until eggs are set. Top with syrup and serve immediately.
The scrambler will puff up fast and falls quickly once it is removed from the microwave, so using a larger microwave-safe mug (about 15 oz) will help to reduce the chance of overflow. Short, wide mugs work better than tall, thin ones.