Asian Chicken Noodle Bowl
Chinese takeout is a go-to for many people who are short on time, love authentic Chinese flavors and are out of quick and easy dinner ideas. Everything is better when homemade, but the idea of making your own Chinese meal at home is daunting for most. This simple pasta recipe is a quick and easy way to transform whatever’s in your fridge into a hearty and satisfying dinner. By making your own takeout at home you save a lot of money and are eating healthier simply because you know exactly what is going into what you are cooking. The best part is that this recipe tastes just as authentic as if you got it from your favorite restaurant and is sure to become your new favorite weeknight go-to meal.Ingredients
- 1 pkg (9 oz each) refrigerated linguine, uncooked
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion strips (from 16-oz pkg)
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup teriyaki stir fry sauce-marinade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; return to pan.
- Meanwhile, spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Move to side of skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet; stir to blend. Move chicken and vegetables into sauce and stir until coated. Pour chicken mixture over linguine; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
QuickRecipe Tips & Ideas
- Add any seasonal vegetables you like to this recipe
- Vegetarian? This recipe is delicious even without the chicken. Add extra vegetables or a meat substitute to make it more filling.
- Substitute regular linguine for whole grain linguine for extra fiber.
- Marinate your chicken in teriyaki marinade overnight to lock in the flavor.
For more dinner tips and recipe ideas check out readyseteat.com.